Abbey L. Jordan, PA-C
Certified Physician Assistant
5013 Heritage Avenue, Suite 100
Colleyville, Texas 76034
Abbey L. Jordan, PA-C – Biography
Abigail (Abbey) Jordan is a certified Physician Assistant, specializing in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. She is from Colorado where she obtained her B.A. at the University of Colorado and then her M.M.S. and PA certificate from Red Rocks PA Program. In 2015, Abbey and her husband moved to Texas where they have found their home and community. Since then, she has completed the Diplomate Fellowship through the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants which is a premier training program and the gold standard of training for PAs in dermatology.
Abbey is passionate about partnering with her patients and incorporating all aspects of dermatology to help her patients achieve their needs and goals. She recognizes that every patient is unique and enjoys providing individualized care to her patients.
In her free time, Abbey enjoys spending time with her husband and two young children and all things outdoors including running, cycling, camping, water sports, and snow skiing.
Dermatology, Baylor Scott & White Dermatology Specialists; August 2018 – current
- Opened and manage the first dermatology practice at the STAR in Frisco
- Diagnose and treat conditions of the hair, skin, and nails
- Evaluate skin lesions under dermoscopy
- Perform biopsies, destructions, and excisions of suspicious, malignant, and benign skin lesions
- Prescribe and manage treatment plans
- Perform cosmetic procedures including neurotoxin injectables, dermal filler injections, chemical pee s, laser therapy, and microneedling
- Perform platelet-rich plasma therapy for hair loss as well as for cosmetic purposes
- Provide virtual care for patients by video, telephone, and E-visits
- Consult for primary care providers daily
Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Cook Childrens Emergency Room, March 2015 – August 2018
- Independently assess and treat pediatric patients in the emergency setting
- Perform procedures including laceration repair, incision and drainage, fluorescein eye exam, lumbar puncture, gastrostomy tube placement
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants Diplomate Fellow
- Physician Assistant – Certified, NCCPA
- Certified in performing neurotoxin injectables and dermal fillers
- Basic Life Support, AHA
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- M.M.S. – St. Francis University
- PA Certificate – Red Rocks PA Program
- B.A. of Science in Integrative Physiology – University of Colorado, Boulder , CO
HTPN CME Suturing Workshop for health care providers. Taught O l /2020 Grand Rounds – Clinically Useful Dermatology Pearls. Presented I 0/2019
Daugherty, C., Jordan, A., Powell, R., VanBockern, J. (2014). Implementation of a Prenatal Education Program in Grand County, Colorado. Claro Journal, (4), 115-123.
Spending time with my husband and two kids, and all things outdoors. I particularly enjoy cycling, running, hiking, cooking, and traveling.